News about Amy Rogers
2017 Events, Appearances, and Lectures
Please contact me to speak to your group firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 11, 2017. Sacramento Suburban Writers Club. Topic: Audiobooks.
- May 10, 2017. Sons in Retirement private meeting, Carmichael, CA. Topic: American River salmon
- April 22, 2017. Writers on the Air, 10 AM-1 PM, Sacramento Poetry Center, 1719 25th St
- March 10, 2017. Renaissance Society Forum. California State University, Sacramento. Topic: The Human Microbiome
2016 Events, Appearances, and Lectures
- November 10, 2016. Guest speaker Northern California Publishers and Authors. Topic: How to do a book launch
- Coming soon: “Under the Microscope” article in Killer Nashville Magazine
- July 8-9, 2016. ThrillerFest by International Thriller Writers. Look for me on the panel discussing science in thriller fiction. Buy a recording (MP3, CD) from VW Tapes (Science in Thrillers, Boyd Morrison & Panel CTFC-16-069-M)
- May 26, 2016. Harvard Commencement, 25th Reunion Class Book Fair organized by Harvard Coop Bookstore. 9-11 PM, Phillips Brooks House
- April 24, 2016. Northern California Publishers & Authors Book Awards Banquet. A ScienceThrillers Media title won first place!
- April 8, 2016. Benjamin Franklin Awards, Independent Book Publishers Association, Salt Lake City, UT. One of the books my company ScienceThrillers Media published was a silver medalist for a major award. I’ll be there to accept!
- Spring 2016: Guest host with Steven James on Internet radio talk show The Story Blender, episodes featuring Grant Blackwood and David Corbett
2015 Events, Appearances, and Lectures
- December 11. Sacramento Book Collectors Club, Arcade Branch Library, Sacramento, CA.
- December 5. Science Olympiad Invitational, Churchill Middle School, Carmichael, CA.
- November 14. Speaker, Northern California Publishers & Authors, Citrus Heights, CA. Topic: Using IngramSpark and CreateSpace to get your books into stores. Open to the public.
- November 5. Speaker, Nor-Cal Editorial Freelancers Association, Sacramento, CA
- October 10. Great Valley Bookfest, panelist on publishing, Manteca, CA
- August 20. Speaker, private book club, Carmichael, CA
- August 8. Installation as Treasurer, Northern California Authors & Publishers, monthly meeting
- July 16. Speaker, Tuleyome Lecture Series, “The Ecosystem Within,” a lecture about the human microbiome. Mary L. Stephens Davis Branch Library, Davis, CA
- July 9-11: International Thriller Writers’ ThrillerFest in NYC. Panelist, “Using Science Breakthroughs in Fiction”
- Saturday, May 9: Speaker at monthly meeting of Northern California Publishers and Authors 11 AM
- Sunday, April 26: Northern California Publishers & Authors Awards Banquet.
- Sunday, April 12: Sacramento Public Library Local Author Festival, 1-3 PM, Central Branch
- Friday-Saturday, April 10-11: Independent Book Publishers Association “Pub U” in Austin, TX
REVERSION is on sale now. Click to my Books page for reviews & purchase links.
My publishing company ScienceThrillers Media has released Kindle ebook versions of Katie McKissick/Beatrice the Biologist’s picture book for kids LITTLE CELLS, and a collection of her science-themed cartoons AMOEBA HUGS. Both are available for purchase, or are free for Kindle Unlimited subscribers. Gina DeMarco’s brilliant and funny satire THE NEANDERTHAL’S AUNT, a kind of Bridget Jones’ Diary for women in science, is also in print from STM. Also: ORBITAL PATHS by Richard Meyer, a poetry collection, and EATING BULL by Carrie Rubin, a psychological/medical thriller about obesity.
As of July 1, 2015, I will serve as Treasurer of Northern California Publishers and Authors, a local affiliate of the national professional organization for small publishers Independent Book Publishers Association.
Publishing University 2015
I was thrilled to attend Independent Book Publishers’ Association 2015 “Publishing University” in Austin, TX in early April, on a scholarship awarded to a member of my local affiliate chapter. I learned a great deal about the publishing business that will make my publishing company ScienceThrillers Media more successful.
“Science in the Neighborhood” columns by Amy Rogers